Where to find jobs in Cebu and Cebu city
On this site we have gathered information and links to all the sites that offers jobs, employment opportunities, nursing jobs, call center jobs and all other kinds jobs in Cebu, the Cebu city area and some in the rest of the Philippines.
First we start off with a guide that can help you in your search for an employment opportunity:
Job hunting tips - A quick guide to get the employment agencies on your side
Fresh from the university and so eager to be part of the professional world. However, you are faced with the question, “what kind of job will I get?” Don´t be afraid. Here are a few questions that you can answer so as to get some enlightenment.
What interests do you have?
In searching for jobs, the first thing to do is to think of your interests. What things do you enjoy doing? Say, for example, you don’t like kids. Then working as a preschool teacher or working as a counselor for an elementary school is definitely not the job for you. Find something that is compatible with your hobbies and things that you find pleasure in and you will never go wrong.
If you would like to use the degree that you have, you can ask your guidance counselor, teachers and friends on what kind of jobs people with your degree take on.
What is most important is you consider a job that you think is fun. As cliché as it may sound, “work that is fun is not work at all”. Get a job that will make you eager to wake up every morning.
Remember that you would most likely stay on this job for years and doing something that is not fun for you would just be torture-unless of course, hopping from one job to another every month is your mission!
What job suits you?
Make a list of what skills and capabilities do you have. Write things down so you can fully evaluate yourself. Making a mental note of these things is still good but writing things down on paper is much better. Having a concrete list of things will help you evaluate you evaluate yourself better. List 5 things that you consider as your strengths. Do the same with your weaknesses as these will guide you on what jobs you should not take.
If you are still confused on what kinds of jobs suits you best, you can seek advice from your guidance counselor. She will let you take some aptitude tests that will help you determine where your interests and skills should be applied. She will also have other resources that will help you plan your career. If you are not satisfied with this, you may go to some agencies in the city that will administer aptitude tests and interviews for a few hundred pesos.
From these results, evaluate yourself. Most definitely, you will have a clearer view of jobs that are most suitable for you.
Where will you search for jobs?
Companies send out lists of job vacancies to different schools. Check bulletin boards in your universities or ask your guidance counselor. The Sunday editions for newspapers here in Cebu provide lots of job postings. Others, these days, opt to check online. There are a lot of Cebu job sites online. All you have to do is log in, submit your resume and then just wait for job alerts sent to your mail. You can also browse for job listings on their data base.
What things should you prepare?
First thing to prepare is your resume or your curriculum vitae. This will be your prospective employers’ window to who you are as an employee. Project a positive image but never lie about your qualifications. When hired, your employers will find out if what you wrote is true or not. You may check online for tips on how to write a good resume or CV. Although other companies do not require this, write a good cover letter. Just state your purpose and be brief. Online, you will also come across different tips on how to write a good one.
Now, that you have reviewed 4 things that you need to consider when looking for a job, you are ready. Just arm yourself with the right attitude when on the hunt. There are a lot of competitors searching for that one job position that you have been eyeing. Be positive, be confident and be assertive and for sure you will get that dream job.
Jobs in Cebu and Cebu City
- Bestjobs.ph lists Jobs in Cebu This is a site where you can browse different job opportunities in Cebu or in any parts of the Philippines. Employers may also advertise their job vacancies and be listed under their employer directory and be able to promote their business.
- Cebu job finder.com For Cebu job applicants, you can register your names and upload your CVs on the site. Jobs opportunities in Cebu will be matched to your credentials and will be sent to you by e-mail.
- Cebu classifieds list jobs and more View different Cebu job opportunities here and find the job that you want. Also, as this is one of Cebu’s most viewed sites, you can post your skills and be seen by prospective Cebu and even non-Cebu employers.
- Find jobs in Cebu on Mynimo.com Browse through different categories and find the job that you have been looking for. Mynimo.com offers different jobs available in Cebu and even abroad.
- Find vacant jobs on jobs-cebu.com Find the perfect job for you in Cebu. Navigate the site and get noticed by Cebu employers and head hunters. Employers may also advertise job vacancies on this site and get lots of prospective employees.
- Jobs and employment in Cebu Advertise your skills and find an employer here in Cebu. Employers may also post their job vacancies and view lists of applicants from different categories listed.
- Jobs in Cebu city Get listings of job vacancies from Cebu, Davao, Manila and other cities in the Philippines. You can scan through different employers that offer different contract types from full time to training positions.
- Accounting, sales and many more jobs in Cebu and Phillipines Searching for jobs? Jobstreet.com provides you with all job vacancies posted by employers from Manila, Cebu and other regions in the Philippines. Have top employers in the country look at your resume…so post now!
- Cebu jobs portal View recent job listings and choose among the top companies in Cebu posting job vacancies. From call center jobs to pharmacy jobs, you can have any job in Cebu that will surely match your skills.
- Find local jobs in Cebu city Want to land your dream job? Log on to hirecebu.com and get alerts of new job postings. You can also view job vacancies from entry level positions to supervisory and even managerial positions on the list.
- Jobs in Cebu city Sign up on this site and you will get Cebu job alerts. Search for opportunities and land that Cebu job you have been dreaming of. can also read about call center training.
- Jobs in Cebu and Cebu City (Central Visayas Region) This site provides a resume wizard so you can customize details of your resume for specific Cebu employers. Log on now and get that Cebu dream job!
What is a job description?
You just got out of college. The eagerness to work, to apply what you have learned in school, to get your own paycheck-all these pump you up as you scan through the pages of the classified ads in the paper or browse through several listings on the internet. Anyways, as one who will be looking into a lot of job posts, here are some things that you need to acquaint yourself with in order to land that dream job.
Every job position posted in the ad has a corresponding job description. There are many elements included in this.
This describes the nature of the job. In the contract, the job description states its objective. It also informs the employee the level of work he is doing. As it is only a summary, this usually consists of a few sentences just to give an overview.
Here, the tasks that the employee is expected to do is outlined. These may consist of as many sentences as possible. To avoid confusion and to clearly define the scope of the job, each duty and function is specifically mentioned.
Roles and Responsibilities
This will state the position that the employee has in the company. It will include the level he holds in the company hierarchy. It also outlines the other skills that are needed for him to perform his role. Here, it includes the working relationships that an employee has with the people in the other departments.
This is usually a list of requirements that a candidate must possess. This usually includes an educational attainment, level of work experience, skills and even physical requirements.
There are a lot of jobs out there. The key is finding the right position that will best suit the skills and the knowledge that you have. The things listed above are only a guide in going through the first step. Once you feel that this is the right job for you, submit your resume. Once called for an interview, be assertive and carry the right attitude as this is what will make you shine above the rest.
Visit our other site where we list all the hotels and resorts in Cebu.